I don’t generally do rules. However, if I have one, it is this: when you are here, do not insult your host or other commenters. If you visit someone’s home and insult them, do not be surprised if they ask you to leave.
This place uses first comment moderation, so the first time you comment, you will go into the moderation queue. After that, you will go straight through.
I operate a zero tolerance policy when it comes to trolls. At the first hint of such behaviour, the offending comment will be deleted and the perpetrator banned from making further comment. I will not engage with attempts to troll me further and will not enter into any discussion. There is no right of appeal.
In order to minimise comment SPAM all posts with more than 5 days of inactivity are automatically moderated. Don’t worry about this; genuine comments will be approved when I log on. After 14 days, comments are closed as comment and trackback spammers like to hit old entries in the naive hope that they can get in under the radar. You have to smile at the stupidity of such bottom feeders…
My policy, therefore, is this:
- No spamming
- No libellous – or potentially libellous comments
- Be polite; both to me, your host, and other commenters
- If you indulge in logical fallacies, I will simply point them out to you. I do not defend strawmen – I have better things to do with my time than waste it trying to reason with idiots who cannot construct a sensible argument.
- No anonymous comments. Please make something up and use that. You don’t have to leave your real name, but trying to hold a discussion with several people using the term “anonymous” gets confusing.
- My decision on deletions and bans is final – there is no right of appeal.
- No impersonators of other bloggers/commenters attempting a bit of social engineering.
- No trolling